1. The tech-savvy president ever just took office. From obvious Blackberry, GMail, Twitter use, to a brand new whitehouse.gov site, the presidential team appears to rely on technology as a central part of President Obama’s pledge to make his administration the most transparent and accountable in American history.
- Top 10 Online Tools to Connect With the Obama Administration
- Mindblowing Numbers From the Obama Inauguration
- Obama Whitehouse Staffers Using GMail During Transition
- How Will President Obama Use His Massive Social Media Influence?
2. Other federal agencies making good use of technology:
- Library of Congress Primary Sources by State
- Federal Register Announces New “Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents”
- CDC Mobile: Your Mobile Source for Credible Health Information
- Congress Comes to YouTube
3. Some cool new Google services are just around the corner. Take a look!
- GDrive: It’s Alive! — Or So It Appears
- Google Preferred Sites
- New Google Sitemap Generator Launched by Google
- Google Shared Storage
4. Boxee is a free, open source application that makes a media center of your Mac (and soon, Linux and Windows) machines.