1. Librarians to Construct Filtered-Web Search Engine – From Reference Extract: Reference Extract is envisioned as a web search engine, like Google, Yahoo and MSN. However, unlike other search engines, Reference Extracts will be built for maximum credibility by relying on the expertise and credibility judgments of librarians from around the globe. Users will enter a search term and get results weighted towards sites most often referred to by librarians at institutions such as the Library of Congress, the University of Washington, the State of Maryland, and over 1,400 libraries worldwide.
- Reference Extract
- Reference Extract and Participatory Librarianship
- OCLC, Syracuse University and University of Washington to help develop a new Web search experience based on expertise from librarians
- Using crowdsourced librarians to outsmart Google
2. Domain backlinks – Who links to your page? Better yet, who DOESN’T? While most browsers have a way of gathering this data for you, there are also some websites that may help.
3. Planning a website update or redesign? Think usability!
- Check Your Site Usability With These Fun Tools
- 5 Library Website Designs Worth Talking About
- Strategic Design: 6 Steps For Building Successful Websites
- Test your Website: A 57-Point Checklist for Maximum Usability
4. Pictures to edit?