This week’s 4cast:
1.Â “Microsoft + Yahoo = ?”
Microsoft’s bold and unsolicited $44.6B bid for Yahoo shocked many and even appalled a few bloggers.Â Meanwhile, the world waits for Yahoo to make its move.
- Microsoft Offers $44.6B for Yahoo (TIME)
- Yahoo and Microsoft: Two So-So Tastes that Will Taste All Right Together (Nerd World)
- Microsoftâ€™s Big Bid for Yahoo (CNET News)
- Yahoo! and the Future of the Internet (The Official Google Blog)
2. Â New Search Views in Google
For as long as we can remember, Google search results have been displayed in a vertical list of 10 results.Â Now, in addition to this list, you can also view results by Map, Timeline, or Info.
- Introducing New Search Views (The Official Google Blog)
- Googleâ€™s Experimental Views Improve Perfection (Mashable)
- Google Offers New Experimental Search Views (ResearchBuzz)
- Check Out Googleâ€™s Latest Ideas (Google Experimental Labs)
3. Â Amazon Buys Audible
- Amazon to Buy Audiobook Seller for $300 Million (The New York Times)
- Could Amazon and Audible Rewrite the Rules of Publishing? (The New York Times Blog)
- Amazon.com Buys Audible; March Into Digital Content Distribution Continues (Between the Lines)
- Amazon.com to Acquire Audible.com (Amazon News Release)
4. Â The Green Scene
Libraries are an obvious choice for the “green” consumer, and now they’re kicking it up a notch by introducing additional green initiatives and ideas.
- SLA Announces Green Initiative (Special Libraries Association)
- Better World Books (Going Green @ Your Library)
- Green Cleaning in Your Library (Going Green @ Your Library)
- Eye on the Environment: CLU Librarian is Hip to Green Issues (Ventura County Star)